KEEP A HOME DIARY!
I know that I blogged about this before, but that was for colors, decorating and design!
We all go through our day, doing daily routines...We don't stop to take a breath, to write notes about things that we might need in the future, for reference or to keep track of things we buy... even the big stuff! We get up, get ready for work, gathering what we need, our lunch, our kids, our to do list and off we go. On the (hopefully) rare days, something gets in the our way of our regimen. Sometimes it is that we forgot to bring what we needed for a meeting, for our kids to school or camp. Small incidental things that are easily remedied.
Other days it is the BIG STUFF
The dryer seized, the washing machine is leaking all over the floor, everything in the freezer is thawed and the fridge is not cold - these are the things that throw a wrench into our day, our week... our budget!
Who do you call for these issues? Do you remember where you purchased this appliance? Did you get an extended warranty? Who did you use the last time you had an electrical/ plumbing/ AC problem.... all things we do not ask ourselves until faced with having to know, having to react!
This is where a Home Diary would be your best friend!
• Keeping track of vendors, contractors, suppliers you used and their contact information
• Notes on each and how you liked them, do you feel they were professional, did they charge appropriately, were they reliable?
• Warranties you purchased - this goes for big items like your car as well!
We got lucky this time - our warranty for the units is up in August!
• File receipts, phone numbers, warranties for everything!
• Small and large appliances- everything from the electric knife, blender, coffee maker, a pan you bought because it said Lifetime Warranty on the packaging!
• Major household appliances such as the furnace, AC/Heating unit, new roof, hot water heater
• Swimming goggles you bought your kid for camp!EVERTHING! You will be thankful later when you need to find these papers and they are all together!
TIP: Start your House Diary today!